The role of a General Accountant, the Cost Accountant focuses on specific accounting unique to the manufacturing process.
* Reviews balance sheet account, reconciles and prepares associated balance sheet notes.
* Analyzes Profit & Loss variance and reviews detailed revenue and cost transactions.
* Controls and prepares general ledger entries including prepaids, accruals, allocations, etc.
* Controls inventory including evaluation of product cost, bill or material accuracy, period physical inventory, etc.
* Establishes standard overhead rates.
* Establishes standards of control over material and finished goods movements.
* Coordinates with Purchasing, Materials and Operations Management on issues of product cost.
* Supports implementation of manufacturing accounting and control systems.
* Assist tax department with inventory issues.
* Prepare PCPR report and present the results to GM Controllers
* Prepare RNI/INR analysis
* Complete knowledge of Inventory cycle, revision of standard process, propose changes to existing reports.
* Participation to physical count (inventory, fixed assets) and reconciliation with sub-ledger.
* Understands, reviews, implements and complies with SOX requirements as defined in the risk control matrix