Employee Type: Direct Hire
Experience: 15+ years Insurance Agency Management
Location: Houston, TX 77095
Job Reference #: 49-102987-18AM
Salary: $100-120k DOE
Company Industry: Job Type : Controller ASA : Professional General Cl
Job Title: COO / CFO
Looking for an opportunity to combine your skills in accounting and leadership with your knowledge of the insurance industry? We're supporting a long-standing and stable insurance agency in Northwest Houston seeking a COO to join their well-tenured and growing team!
Responsibilities for COO / CFO
Responsibilities for this position include:
• Accounting Management including supervising the accountant, adjusting journal entries, monitoring financials, budgeting and setting profit goals and payroll.
• Commissions reporting and reconciliations.
• Human Resources including benefits administration, onboarding, hiring, terminations and recruiting efforts.
• Coordinating holidays, vacations, agency parties.
• Conducting performance reviews for all personnel along with management.
• Coordinating and serving as a technical advisor between sales and servicing.
• Monitor compliance including educational requirements and maintaining licensing for all licensed personnel.
• Act as the go-to and troubleshooter for procedural issues and ensure all procedures and processes are up to date and efficient.
• Additional duties as required.
Qualifications for COO / CFO
• High School Diploma
• 10+ years experience in the insurance industry, ideally on the agency side
• 5+ years management experience
• Experience in AMS 360 or similar
• Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to hold a high level of confidentiality
Candidates who hold a college degree and Texas Property and Casualty insurance licensing are highly preferred.
Compensation & Benefits for COO / CFO
• Salary is $100-120k DOE
• Benefits include:
o Paid holidays, vacation, and personal time off
o Medical, dental, and vision insurance 100% covered for employees
o Short and Long Term Disability
o Life Insurance
o 401(k) retirement plan with matching
Position Type for COO / CFO
If you have questions concerning this position, please contact Amanda McNeil.
Thank you for choosing Burnett Specialists. Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Meet your Recruiter
Sr. Recruiter - Accounting, Finance & Supply Chain
Pairing great companies with great accounting, finance and supply chain professionals in Houston and around Texas!
Company Name: Burnett Specialists